News and events
Conference funding available
The German History Society is pleased to be able to offer supplemental funding for conferences dealing with German History.
Scope and eligibility:
- Applicants should be members of the German History Society.
- The conference does not need to be limited to German History but should prominently feature aspects of German History.
- The GHS cannot provide primary funding for conferences, so applicants must have secured other sources of funding. The maximum contribution provided by the GHS to a conference is £1000. The GHS does not ordinarily provide additional funding to conferences that have received full funding from a UK Research Council.
- In return for funding, conference organisers are expected to hold open at least eight free places for GHS members.
- Applications should include 1) a brief (1 page) description of the conference and its significance and a provisional line-up of speakers; 2) a provisional budget indicating major expenses, other funding sources, and the expenses to be defrayed by the GHS contribution.
- Applications should be sent via email to the GHS Secretary Matthew Stibbe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be considered three times a year, at each of the GHS Committee's meetings. Deadlines are 1 January, 15 April, and 15 August. Successful applicants will be notified about 4 to 6 weeks after thesedeadlines.