The 28th Postgraduate Research Students Conference of the German Historical Institute London will take place on Thursday 11 and Friday 12 January 2024. The Conference aims to give postgraduate research students from the UK and Ireland working on German history the opportunity to present their work-in-progress and to discuss their research with other students working in the same field.
The Conference is intended for postgraduate research scholars working on German history from the Middle Ages to the present at a UK or Irish university. Ph.D. students at all stages are encouraged to apply. All participants will be expected to briefly present their research projects, but if capacity is limited, preference will be given to second- and third-year students.
A course on German Palaeography is planned for the first day of the conference. Should you wish to take part, please indicate your interest in your application. Please note that places will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are interested in attending, please send an email to [email protected] by Wednesday 15 November 2023 and must include the following:
- full contact details – name, address, email address and telephone number
- the exact title of your Ph.D. project
- the date you started your Ph.D. project (and whether you are enrolled part- or full- time)
- the name, address, email address, and phone number of your university and supervisor
- an indication of whether you have undertaken research in Germany
- an indication of whether you wish to participate in the Palaeography course scheduled for the morning of 11 January 2024
The GHIL will arrange accommodation for participants from outside the Greater London Area and offer a lump sum towards the cost of travel to London..
Details of bursaries can be found here.
See more information below: