Postgraduate Hardship fund
The German History Society has initiated a funding scheme for short-term hardship support for postgraduate students and early career researchers in German history.
Applications are offered three grants of up to £500 each annually to support historians who are experiencing difficulties in carrying out their research owing to unexpected financial hardship. The fund may be used to contribute to costs including, but not exclusive to, living costs; childcare to facilitate research/conference attendance; tuition fees; essential research resources such as books, archival digitization and scanning, access to online resources.
This Scheme is Available to:
- Postgraduate Researchers (full-time or part-time) registered at a UK or Irish university
- Early career scholars (here defined as being within five years of viva date)
- Independent scholars and those working outside higher education institutions
- Be engaged in the research or teaching of the history of Germany, Germanophone countries, or German-speaking people;
- Be a member of the GHS;
- Not be employed in a full-time, permanent job.
To apply to the fund, please download and complete the form below and submit it to: