We are very keen to support activities related to the study of German History. However, as with any organisation, we can only make reimbursements against receipts. All claims must also include a fully completed expense claim form.
Expenses Eligible for Refund:
- Train travel (2nd class only)
- Air travel (Economy class only)
- Car mileage (40p per mile)
- Hotel accommodation (up to £80 per night, £130 per night in London)
- Subsistence (up to £30 per day)
- Computer/Electronic hardware
- Books and other published materials
- Payment in lieu of salary
In the case of recipients of the GHS £2000 major bursaries, and the GHS-DAAD bursaries, following confirmation of the award from the Society you simply submit the expense claim form and specify which bursary you have been awarded: this type of claim does not entail submitting receipts.
Please submit all receipts and expense claim forms to the Treasurer of the German History Society: email@example.com.