The German History Society is pleased to be able to offer supplemental funding for exhibitions dealing with German History.
Scope and Eligibility:
- Applicants should be members of the German History Society.
- The exhibition does not need to be limited to German History but should prominently feature aspects of German History.
- It must be staged in at least one venue in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- The GHS cannot provide primary funding for exhibitions, so applicants must have secured other sources of funding.
- The maximum contribution provided by the GHS to an exhibition is £2000.
- The GHS does not ordinarily provide additional funding to exhibitions that have received full funding from a UK Research Council or from the Heritage Lottery Fund or other bodies supporting heritage projects.
- Entry to the exhibition must be free to GHS members.
Applications should include:
– A brief (1 page) description of the exhibitions and its significance in promoting the public understanding of German history in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland.
– A provisional budget indicating major expenses, other funding sources, and the expenses to be defrayed by the GHS contribution.
Applications should be sent via email to the GHS Secretary, Helen Roche (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 March 2023.
The GHS committee will aim to notify successful applicants by the end of March 2023.