The German History Society is pleased to be able to offer supplemental funding for exhibitions dealing with German History.
Scope and Eligibility:
- Applicants should be members of the German History Society.
- The exhibition does not need to be limited to German History but should prominently feature aspects of German History.
- It must be staged in at least one venue in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- The GHS cannot provide primary funding for exhibitions, so applicants must have secured other sources of funding.
- The maximum contribution provided by the GHS to an exhibition is £2000.
- The GHS does not ordinarily provide additional funding to exhibitions that have received full funding from a UK Research Council or from the Heritage Lottery Fund or other bodies supporting heritage projects.
- Entry to the exhibition must be free to GHS members.
Applications should include:
– A brief (1 page) description of the exhibitions and its significance in promoting the public understanding of German history in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland.
– A provisional budget indicating major expenses, other funding sources, and the expenses to be defrayed by the GHS contribution.
Applications should be sent via email to the GHS Secretary, Helen Roche ([email protected]) by 1 March 2023.
The GHS committee will aim to notify successful applicants by the end of March 2023.